The Power of a Job
The Supported Employment Program is a cornerstone of Thresholds’ diverse array of services, helping our members live their lives with dignity, independence, and respect by obtaining paid employment. By partnering with more than 150 area employers to help members find jobs, Thresholds’ Supported Employment Program places members in jobs of their choice to create real economic independence and further our members’ recoveries. Supported Employment is an evidence-based practiced supported by SAMHSA. Our adherence to best practice guidelines for service delivery has made Thresholds a national and international leader in the field of employment for people with severe mental illness.
Community and Employer Partners
Utilizing innovative approaches to employment, our partners include Banana Republic, FedEx, Jewel-Osco, Kohl’s, and numerous other area employers. Through these partnerships, members find meaningful, competitive employment that is a foundation to recovery from severe mental illness.
Why should you consider partnering with a Thresholds Employment Specialist for your hiring needs?
- No Cost – Our high-quality job placement services and supports are offered at no charge to employers.
- Pre-Screening – Our specialists take the time to understand the unique needs of your company, and we match the skills of our candidates with your staffing requirements to guarantee the best fit for your organization.
- Quality – Our applicant pool of dedicated, motivated, and reliable candidates equals less turnover and increased productivity for employers.
- Support – Employment Specialists offer ongoing support to you and your new hire.
- Financial Benefits – We can connect you to business tax credits for employing persons with disabilities.
Contact John Prestipino, Employer Networker, for more information about how you can diversify your workplace.
For more information, contact Ginnie Fraser, Associate Director of Employment Services.
Special Awards for Supported Employment
In 2009, Thresholds received the American Psychiatric Association Gold Achievement Award and the SAMHSA Science and Service Award for the program.
Dartmouth Supported Employment Model
Thresholds partners with Dartmouth’s Medical School and the Department of Psychiatry in the area of Supported Employment. Dartmouth’s Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) around Supported Employment is the result of their collaboration with many providers, including Thresholds. Find out more from Dartmouth.