The Power of a Job
The Employment Services Program is a cornerstone of Thresholds’ diverse array of services, helping our clients live their lives with dignity, independence, and respect by obtaining paid employment. Through partnerships with more than 150 area employers to help clients find jobs, Thresholds’ Employment Specialists place clients in jobs of their choice to create real economic independence and further their recovery. Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is an evidence-based model of supported employment supported by SAMHSA. Our adherence to best practice guidelines for service delivery has made Thresholds a national and international leader in the field of employment for people with serious mental illnesses and substance use conditions.
Community and Employer Partners
Utilizing innovative approaches to employment, our partners include Banana Republic, FedEx, Jewel-Osco, Kohl’s, and numerous other area employers. Through these partnerships, clients find meaningful, competitive employment that is a foundation to their recovery journey.
Why should you consider partnering with a Thresholds Employment Specialist for your hiring needs?
- No Cost – Our high-quality job placement services and supports are offered at no charge to employers.
- Pre-Screening – Our specialists take the time to understand the unique needs of your company, and we match the skills of our candidates with your staffing requirements to guarantee the best fit for your organization.
- Quality – Our applicant pool of dedicated, motivated, and reliable candidates equals less turnover and increased productivity for employers.
- Support – Employment Specialists offer ongoing support to you and your new hire.
- Financial Benefits – We can connect you to business tax credits for employing persons with disabilities.
Contact Adrienne Brown, our Employment Services Program Director, for more information about how you can diversify your workplace.
Special Awards for Supported Employment
In 2009, Thresholds received the American Psychiatric Association Gold Achievement Award and the SAMHSA Science and Service Award for the program.
Westat IPS Supported Employment Model
Thresholds partners with the Westat International Learning Community in the area of Supported Employment. Westat’s Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) around IPSs the result of their collaboration with many providers, including Thresholds.
For more information, contact Kimberly Mailey, Vice President of Employment Services.